Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Music of Junk: Phase 2 of Junk!

I spent the last few months rewriting the show and preparing it for 2015. I have rented the Waterfront Theatre in Granville Island from November 18 - 22, 2015. The show will be based on the success of Junk! The Musical. It will be called The Music of Junk and will feature most of the songs from the original show and more, including more 'junk' instruments. The songs will portray stories from the junkyard.

The stage will be larger and with this show I can realize the larger vision I originally had for the show (I had to scale it back for the Fringe Festival because of the very short set-up and take-down time requirements). I have outgrown our garage so I am currently looking for warehouse or industrial space to build the new stage. I have written some new musical themes that will serve as the basis for some new songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment